For Newyorkers, commuting can become madness if we consider the six hours journey we spend on the train on a weekly basis (on average). But not everything is that bad. You can change the way you face the so hated commute and instead of rushing, you can sit and drink a beer with your friends in the train station. You’re probably thinking: “Shut up and take my money!” but we’re not lying to you and this is one of the many reasons why Grand Central Terminal rules! But, what’s all this talk about beer? Well today is National Beer Day.
Ok, this is an unofficial holiday. April 7 marks the end of Prohibition in 1933. So we have enough reasons to celebrate today, right? Beer is awesome and all of us deserve a sip. Lemon and salt, anyone?
Commuters, visitors and tourists are invited to take advantage of the special offerings throughout the shops and restaurants located in Grand Central Terminal, in the heart of Manhattan. ¡Salud!
• Beer Table To Go Commuters can re-fill BeerTable To Go Pint Jars with draft beers and new jars will be available for $3 each including a lid and koozie. In addition, Beer Table To Go hosts tastings every Monday from 5 p.m.-7 p.m.
• Central Market presents “The Five-Borough Beer Battle” with different beers from each borough of New York City beginning April 7 through May 1. Customers are invited to vote for their favorite with the purchase of a pint April 17 to May 1. Which borough will come out on top?
• Junior’s Restaurant offers half off a Brooklyn Lager or Sixpoint beer with the purchase of any deluxe burger.
• Manhattan Chili features local Elmsford brew Captain Lawrence for $3 (regular price $5).
• Michael Jordan’s The Steakhouse N.Y.C. provides a free Budweiser, Stella or Goose Island beer with the purchase of a steak at the bar.
• Shake Shack offers ShackMeister Ale for $3 (regular price $5) with the purchase of the ShackMeister Dog or ShackMeister Burger.
• Shiro of Japan provides $2 off a 12 oz. Sapporo Premium beer with the purchase of any Chirashi Bowl.
• Two Boots Pizza features a Bayou Beast slice with an Abita beer combo for $8 (regular price $10.25), plus a 25% discount on New York beers.