The color authority has spoken Marsala (RGB 18-1438) is the official Pantone color for 2015…And you know what that means- we are about to see a lot of this tone on clothes, accessories, nails and makeup. After naming the color of the millennium in 1999, the tone guru has naming a color of the year, every year, based on extensive research. They also work super close with beauty magnate Sephora to bring which ever tone gets chosen to your lips and lids.
Just what color is marsala? An earthy red with a wine and warm brown undertone, according to Pantone. Wanna jump on the trend, here’s some basics to get you inspired and excited (should you whose to make this brown wine part of your look.)
- Did we mentioned Pantone and Sephora are buddy-buddy? There’s already a entire Marsala section on Sephora.com. As Emma Roberts says Lip sheer can save any night. Chubby Stick Moisturizing Lip Colour Balm, $17
- Marsala won’t take full control of the fashion trends until next year, but you can totally start planning for your spring/summer 2015 looks right now. Keyword: dress. Free People Parisian Ruffle-Hem Dress, $55
- Are you loving your iPhone 6 as much as I am? Dress him up in style with a trendy case (again, only if you are digging the color.) Marsala Bubble Dot Color Accent Barely There, $45.
- One can never have too many purses (or shoes, or coats, or..) LeSportsac is on trend with this Deluxe Shoulder Satchel Handbag, $37. A comfy style must.
- Whether you are a pants or a kurt type of gial, you can never go wrong with booties. This pair of Sam Edelman, $130 in British burgundy are basically marsala.
- Hey, you don’t have to wait until 2015 to start rocking that marsala, go for a pair of H&M’s imitation leather pants (a winter must) for $25
Don’t believe on Pantone’s prediction? Here are all the Pantone color of the year since 2000 to refresh your memory…And probe you wrong.